DVD-Slideshow

Chris Maness chris at chrismaness.com
Wed Apr 12 22:30:07 UTC 2006

usleepless at gmail.com wrote:
> Chris,
>
> congratulations on you wedding, i hope the best for the two of you.
>
> read back the thread yourself: you will need the dvd-slideshow from ports +
>  - patch for the wc --lines ( or wc --chars, i can't remember ). these
> are 1 of 2 instances in the script.
>  - back in this thread i have given multiple solutions for a
> replacement "seq". this is the key to proper fading.
>
> maybe it is easier afterall to run the script in linux-compat mode:
> you will need no patches at all. i for one do not know how to
> accomplish this easy however ( never had the need ). oh (w/h)ell,
> you'll just need to start it from a linux-shell i assume.
>
> good luck, and please try to notify the portmaintainer about the
> problem and solution. i am off on a mini-break myself, so you are on
> your own now.
>
> regards,
>
> usleep

Can someone help me with this?  I am not too savvy with scripting.  This
gentlemen sent me some replacements for seq in this script but I am not
too sure how to implement them.  He posted them further back on this thread.

Would it be better to just link /usr/compat/linux/usr/bin/seq to
/usr/local/bin/seq or something?

Help!

Chris Maness