problem with ipfilter(ipnat)

fbsd fbsd at a1poweruser.com
Wed Apr 12 12:32:37 UTC 2006

There is nothing wrong with FreeBSD 6.0
It's the way you activated ipf that is wrong.
Ipfilter's ipnat function is not an independent function.
You have to code this in rc.conf
ipfilter_enable = "YES"
ipnat_enable = "YES"

and make sure there is no default ipf.rules file

Then ipf will use its default pass all rule which results in the
ipnat function working with a firewall rule of pass all

Also your nat rules are incorrect.
The special alias 0.0.0.0/32 should be 0/32

The FreeBSD handbook has a good section on ipfilter.