Marvell Yukon chip in FreeBSD 5.4

Hugo Silva hugo at barafranca.com
Tue Apr 11 05:37:53 UTC 2006

Leonid Baryudin wrote:
> I'm trying to load Marvell if_myk.ko kernel module. In FreeBSD 5.4 vanilla
>   it works fine, creates device node, etc...
>
>   In my distribution (based on the same 5.4, but with some changes) driver
>   gets loaded (kldstat shows that), but device node is not created.
>
>   What should I look for? Some kernel option, disabling/enabling node creation?
>
>   Thanks,
>
>   Leonid.

I had a similar problem (altough on 6.0), which was solved by building
the module libmpool:

 6    1 0xc0ccf000 3211c    if_myk.ko
 7    2 0xc0d02000 2518     libmbpool.ko

myk0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        options=2b<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,VLAN_MTU,JUMBO_MTU>

Again, this was on 6.0. I'd suggest you upgrade to 6.X if you still have
troubles. I have been running this driver for about 20 days now, without
any problem whatsoever.