Drive errors on boot

Bryan Curl bc3910 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 10 13:42:13 UTC 2006

My apologies if this is a repost. It seems either I
had a gmail problem or list never posted the question.
I have subscribed with another address to monitor
problem.

Anyway, here is my quesion again.

I get the following errors from dmesg on one of my ide
drives on boot.
Other similar drives dont error and are setup the same
in bios (except cylinder & block config of course)
System and this drive seem to work fine otherwise. I
re-fdisk this one but it still does this error.

FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE-p6 #0: Tue Apr  4 09:43:53 MDT
2006

ad1: 1916MB <Maxtor 72004 AP 2A3C0B31> at ata0-slave
WDMA2
ad1: FAILURE - READ_DMA status=51<READY,DSC,ERROR>
error=10<NID_NOT_FOUND> LBA=3924359
ad1: FAILURE - READ_DMA status=51<READY,DSC,ERROR>
error=10<NID_NOT_FOUND> LBA=3924343
ad1: FAILURE - READ_DMA status=51<READY,DSC,ERROR>
error=10<NID_NOT_FOUND> LBA=3924356
ad1: FAILURE - READ_DMA status=51<READY,DSC,ERROR>
error=10<NID_NOT_FOUND> LBA=3924359

I  dont know what causes these errors either.

dc0: failed to force tx and rx to idle state
dc0: failed to force tx and rx to idle state

Any ideas / suggsted reading somewhere on this?
Thank You.