Partitioning on existing system

Wil Hatfield freebsd at hyperconx.com
Sun Apr 9 08:44:48 UTC 2006

Chad,

> this appears that you want a file backed image file mounted as your /
> tmp.  This should be easy to do.  Read the handbook for file-backed md
> (4) devices.
>
> I don't use them for /tmp but I run them with jails...  I have about
> 60 such image files mounted now for example

Thanks for the great kick in the right direction. Is it really this easy? I
guess so cause it is working. I dropped in a helloworld script, chmoded it
and even as root I couldn't run it. Supreme!

mdmfs -M -o noexec,nosuid -s 100m md0 /tmp
chmod 1777 /tmp

Now anybody know of an easy way to search for chroot.

Cheers,

--
Wil Hatfield