opening both tty & cua for uplcom(4)

Kyryll A Mirnenko aka Mirya mirya at matrix.ua
Fri Apr 7 16:22:05 UTC 2006

Hello, i'm trying to implement a callback scheme for COM modem via uplcom(4)
connector (should be any ucom(4)). I do the same i did for direct COM and
Lucent winmodem:

1) calling out (ppp communicates via /dev/cuaX)
2) starting getty on /dev/ttyX
3) it accepts incoming call and starts a script which itself starts ppp
-direct on /dev/cuaX

That worked fine with cuaa? and cual? (Lucent winmodem devices), but it seems
that cuaU?/ttyU? can't be opened the same time, e.g. I've got a kernel
message from ucom(4) about "IN_USE" error on step 3).

So is that a bug or am i doing something wrong?
--
Regards, Mirya
ICQ #313898202