Wine installation/configuration question

John Hoover johnfhoover at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 16:12:36 UTC 2006

I've having trouble with Wine. I'm getting the same error regardless
if I compile from the ports tree, install a package, or compile from
source.

on FreeBSD 6.1-PRERELEASE

%wine program.exe
fixme:msvcrt:_spawnve :not translating name /usr/local/lib/../bin/wine
to locate program

Then it just seems to sit there with Wine in a "piperd" state. I don't know what
while would be waiting for and I've not had any luck with searching Google or
WineHQ. Hopefully someone has seen this before or has an idea what it might be.

Oh, the preinstalled apps, notepad.exe, sol.exe, produce the same result.

thanks,
John.
--
John F Hoover