Keypad no longer works under X

Kevin Kinsey kdk at daleco.biz
Fri Apr 7 14:11:36 UTC 2006

Vayu wrote:

>On Thursday 06 April 2006 19:47, Donald T Hayford wrote:
>

>>My numeric keypad no longer works under X
>>

>Since when?

And, I have to ask, since you didn't mention it ... you've
replaced the keyboard to rule out hardware issues?

>>except as a way to move the
>>mouse cursor (i.e., no 1-9, etc).  The LED changes states when pushed.
>>I've searched through the X.org site but haven't found anything of use.
>>Does anybody know how to fix this?  My xorg.conf looks like this:
>>
>>/Section "ServerLayout"
>>    Identifier     "X.org Configured"
>>    Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
>>    InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
>>    InputDevice    "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
>>EndSection
>>
>><some other stuff>
>>
>>Section "InputDevice"
>>    Identifier  "Keyboard0"
>>    Driver      "kbd"
>>EndSection
>>
>><more stuff>
>>/
>>
>>I'm running FreeBSD 6.1-PRERELEASE, with X version 6.9.0.  I use KDE as
>>the X desktop.
>>
>>Thanks for your help,
>>Don Hayford

I sure don't see anything there that gives a clue.  Have you tried
and duplicated the problem with a different WM?

Kevin Kinsey

--
The party adjourned to a hot tub, yes.  Fully clothed, I might add.
	-- IBM employee, testifying in California State Supreme Court