BST instead of GMT

Philip Radford phil at chycor.com
Thu Apr 6 09:59:18 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I am looking for a way to get my FreeBSD 5.3 box to show my local time as BST (British Summer Time) as apposed to GMT.

I have checked and double-checked the timezone and have set this to Europe/London.

However I think I need to do something with the locale. Hunting around led me to the /etc/login.conf and the concept of classes but can't understand or follow the documentation to get it set up correctly.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Regards
Philip Radford.