Update from Ports removes dependency data

Zimmerman, Eric Zimmerman.Eric at con-way.com
Wed Apr 5 12:43:02 UTC 2006

> > and my algorithm isn't really airtight, but I'll give you the
algorithm
> > I'm using.  The script just uses pkg_info, pkg_version, and grep.
>
> Sounds like you're reinventing the wheel..portupgrade does all this
> and more.
>
> Kris

Portmanager works great as well (in my experience anyways). It
automatically rebuilds things as needed when new ports come along
(including ports built with old dependencies).  It even handled
everything properly when a new version of perl came along. Its as simple
as 'portmanager -u' in most cases.

Eric