software recommendation

fbsd_user fbsd_user at a1poweruser.com
Tue Apr 4 21:17:49 UTC 2006

I am looking for am application that will simulate a browser and
allow me to program responses to filling in forms from the internet
application the browser is accessing.

I have read about this type of thing before and even seen it
mentioned on this list but at the time I had no interest in it. I
don't even know what this type of function is called so I can not do
a successful web search or ports search. I tried the words scraping,
session capture, and browser session simulation all with no luck.

Does anyone know what this is called or the port name if there is
one?