jls shows dead jails too?

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Tue Apr 4 19:21:40 UTC 2006

On Tue, 4 Apr 2006, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:

> On Apr 4, 2006, at 9:20 AM, Daniel Johansson wrote:
>
>> I'm setting up a few jails on my FreeBSD 6.0 box and when I run jls to list
>> my jails it shows all my started jails.
>>
>> The problem is that when I kill a jail with kill -TERM -1, thats what the
>> man page tells me to use, it still is listed when I run jls. Why is that
>> and is there any way to clear the jls list? Where does jls get the list of
>> the jails?
>>

> The jail is not completely did in that case.  It still "owns" some resources
> of some sort.

Is there some way of finding out what resources?  Right now, on one of my
boxes:

# jls
    JID  IP Address      Hostname                      Path
      4  200.46.204.254  mx2.hub.org                   /vm/1/mx2.hub.org
      2  200.46.204.254  mx2.hub.org                   /vm/1/mx2.hub.org
      1  200.46.204.254  mx2.hub.org                   /vm/1/mx2.hub.org

It doesn't bother me too much, as 1/2 doesn't appear to be affecting 4,
but still ...

----