Firefox 1.5 getting downright irritating

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Tue Apr 4 03:32:00 UTC 2006

--On April 3, 2006 5:48:34 PM +0100 Danny Butroyd <danny at g-mapps.com> wrote:

>>> Maybe you're editing the wrong file? Or while Firefox is running? Too
>>> tight file permissions? Just some thoughts. Here's mine profiles.ini:
>>>
>> Or maybe it's KDE.....there are several things that, when changed in
>> Xwindows do not change at all.  profiles is just one of them.
>>
>> I'll have to investigate some more......
> I use Fluxbox and am experiencing exactly the same problem.....and yes
> it is very irritating.  If I get anywhere with it I will let post to the
> list.

Or maybe it's Gnome.  I'm playing around with Firefox tonight from home,
and each time it starts up it asks me if I want to make it the default
browser.  When I click on Yes, I get this in the terminal window I launched
Firefox from:

(Gecko:31267): libgnomevfs-WARNING **: Deprecated function.  User
modifications to the MIME database are no longer supported.

(Gecko:31267): libgnomevfs-WARNING **: Deprecated function.  User
modifications to the MIME database are no longer supported.

(Gecko:31267): libgnomevfs-WARNING **: Deprecated function.  User
modifications to the MIME database are no longer supported.

(Gecko:31267): libgnomevfs-WARNING **: Deprecated function.  User
modifications to the MIME database are no longer supported.

(Gecko:31267): libgnomevfs-WARNING **: Deprecated function.  User
modifications to the MIME database are no longer supported.

(Gecko:31267): libgnomevfs-WARNING **: Deprecated function.  User
modifications to the MIME database are no longer supported.

I'm going to uninstall Gnome and see what happens.  I've had nothing but
trouble from it anyway....

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
University of Texas at Dallas