ipfw plus authentication???

Mark Jayson Alvarez jay2xra at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 3 07:34:55 UTC 2006

Hi

 I am looking for ways to manage our LAN by having each user register their ipaddress, mac address, workstation os, etc. in our ldap directory. Now in our pcrouter, the users will first send his login credentials to the pcrouter, and then the pcrouter will check against ldap if this login is correct, and if it is, then it will now do an ldapsearch/compare operation to see if the source address (ip/mac) of the user trying to gain network access is indeed belongs to that user. Only then, the ipfw ruleset will be changed to allow traffic originating from this source address...

 Anyone have gone with this solution before??

 Thanks