Passing options to Newfs in the FreeBSD installer

valentin_nils at be-known-online.com valentin_nils at be-known-online.com
Mon Apr 3 01:11:42 UTC 2006

Hi Erik,

I just wanted to say thank you for pointing me into the right direction.

Turns out, I had a somewhat skewed understanding what "newfs" is for. I
understand now that those options noexec and nosuid are to be passed to the
mount command and the quota options must be enabled in the kernel first.

Thank you also especially for the online man page link. That defintely
helped a
lot as my installation always fell (understandably ;-)

Best regards

Nils Valentin
http://www.be-known-online.com