flash plugins question

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Sun Apr 2 04:21:31 UTC 2006

--On April 1, 2006 1:41:57 PM -0800 Joseph Vella <satyam at sklinks.com> wrote:

> I had to symlink the plugins:
>
> from  /usr/X11R6/lib/linux-flashplugin6/flashplayer.xpt
> to /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins/flashplayer.xpt
>
> from /usr/X11R6/lib/linux-flashplugin6/libflashplayer.so
> to /usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins/libflashplayer.so
>
> In your case they're probably in linux-flashplugin7

Well, thanks.  I finally got flash working.  Of course I had to follow the
instructions in /usr/ports/www/linuxpluginwrapper/pkg-message and patch
rtld.c in /usr/src/libexec, then rebuild world, but hey, flash 7 works now.
:-)

Now if I can figure out how to get java working.......

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member