6.0 APCI Config & PMAP

Don O'Neil don at lizardhill.com
Sat Apr 1 00:55:26 UTC 2006

I am 'burning in' some hardware and drives before putting them into
production using various tools (raidtest, etc...) and have a couple of
questions..

Occasionally under high load when doing the raid test, I see:

collecting pv entries -- suggest increasing PMAP_SHPGPERPROC

What does this mean, and what should I change it to to correct the problem?
I also get the occasional error that it couldn't write to the device (twed)
... Everything seems to work ok though.

Also, my motherboards APCI is horribly broken, I can boot ok without APCI if
I select option 2 from the boot menu (it's a 'stock' 6.0 install). How do I
configure the system to boot without APCI automatically?

Thanks!