CUPS, Foomatic, and HPIJS?

Eric Pretorious epretorious at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 30 14:40:58 PDT 2005

>Subject: Re: CUPS, Foomatic, and HPIJS?
>Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 15:27:51 -0600
>
>Michael Nottebrock wrote:
>
>>On Thursday, 22. September 2005 20:42, Eric Pretorious wrote:
>>
>>>Thanks, Mike. I didn't have a chance to try it out: I decided to switch
>>>ack to Gentoo because of the steep learning curve that comes along with
>>>FreeBSD's ports & packages.
>>>

>Can I just say that moving back to Gentoo because of a "steep learning
>curve" is no just ironic, but down right funny.  :-)

Installing CUPS/HPIJS was as easy as...

%> emerge cups ghostscript hpijs

Portage automatically retrieves, compiles, and installs CUPS, GhostScript,
the complete Foomatic configurator, HPIJS, etc., etc. and
_integrates_them_all_. i.e., All of the HPIJS drivers/filters and Foomatic
drivers/filters are *already* present in the web-based CUPS interface.

Now *that* is what I call a relatively-flat learning curve!!!