Want to symbolic link 2-3 hard drives

Will Maier willmaier at ml1.net
Fri Sep 30 14:15:20 PDT 2005

On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 01:55:20PM -0700, Allen D. Tate wrote:
> I have a machine that I'm getting ready to install FreeBSD 5.4 on and I
> have three 40 GB hard drives and I want the two drives that do not have
> the core system installed on them symbolically linked to the /home
> directory. I am pretty new to FreeBSD (other than installing it a few
> times and breaking it to learn) and I've never done a symbolic link
> before. Can someone either give a quick tutorial or point me to a
> hotwo? Thanks in advance.

    man 1 ls

In your case, I'd recommend going through the install as normal,
except designate one of the two drives as your /home. I'm not sure
what you mean by linking *both* of the drives (it doesn't work that
way); just setting one of the other big drives as the /home
mountpoint should do the trick.

--

| jabber:..wcmaier at jabber.ccc.de | email:..........wcmaier at ml1.net |