Modem doesn't answer the phone

Chris Hill chris at monochrome.org
Thu Sep 29 15:37:01 PDT 2005

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005, Efren Bravo wrote:

> I need your help about incoming connections through the modem.
>
> My modem is a External CNet C56k v.92 Data/Fax Modem and it is unable
> to answer the phone. I made a test with an old Motorola V.3292 modem
> and it works well. The CNet modem works fine on Win2k Advanced Server.
>
> Where could be the problem, on fBSD box or on the modem?
> What can I do?

You probably have to tell the modem to auto-answer incoming calls. The
command is ATA, according to
http://www.modemhelp.net/basicatcommand.shtml. I'd put this in a modem
initialization script somewhere, but I haven't used a modem since 3.1 so
I'm not sure exactly where that would go.

HTH.

Chris Hill               chris at monochrome.org
**                     [ Busy Expunging <|> ]