Locking 'threaded messages'

Gerard Seibert gerard-seibert at suscom.net
Thu Sep 29 14:14:27 PDT 2005

I was just wondering if I could drum up any enthusiasm for my latest idea
to improve Becky's overall usability, functional ability and suitability
to task rating.

By the way, if this is all ready possible please let me know. I have not
been able to accomplish it. What I propose is for Carty to incorporate the
ability to lock a thread either by locking the original message in the
thread or by implicitly locking any message in the thread and indicating
that the thread should be locked. By locking, I am referring to making the
thread immune to deletion unless implicitly unlocked.

Presently, I have to lock every message in a thread to keep it from being
deleted when I remove the other garbage in the box the message is located
in. This is not a problem with Becky's forum since there are usually no
more than a handful of messages anyway. However, on some forums I belong
to, I can receive a hundred messages a day. Obviously, I have no use for
the vast majority of them. Never the less, if there is a thread I want to
keep, I am forced to lock each message individually. I would like the
ability to globally lock a thread, in whatever fashion Carty might devise.

My sole purpose with this post is to see if there is any support for this
from the other Becky users.

--
Gerard Seibert
gerard-seibert at suscom.net