How to diagnose crashes?

Srikanth, Throvagunta sthrovag at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 12:45:01 PDT 2005

Chris,

The 5.3 have this problem. I think it has something to do with ACPI.
Either go back to the 5.2 or pick the latest. You say the system
reboots itself from time to time. Is it a panic you see before the
reboot?

There must be an option to turn on somewhere asking them to write to
disk the contents of the physical memory. You can, then, run gdb on
the dumped core. I think I have seen someone do that on NetBSD.

Srikanth