upgrading

eoghan freebsd at redry.net
Wed Sep 28 13:28:26 PDT 2005

Hello
Im going to do a fresh install of 5.3 over the weekend, then id like
to upgrade to 5.4. My reasons for upgrading are: ill have to do it
some time or another and I cant always rely on having my trusty dvd
with me. So, the question is: what is the best way to do an upgrade?
I figure ill do the install, make sure its all ok, and before I go
ahead and install anything ill upgrade. I did hear people say that
using the sysinstall isnt the way to go - maybe or maybe not? So any
opinions here on how it should be done would be appreciated.
Thank you
Eoghan