IMAP SUPPORT

Lowell Gilbert freebsd-questions-local at be-well.ilk.org
Wed Sep 28 08:46:29 PDT 2005

"Pierre" <pierre at gibraltar.gi> writes:

> I neeed install imap-2004c1 in my freeBSD 5.2.1

You are trying to install an old version of the UW IMAP server on an
old (and officially unsupported -- it was released for "early
adopters," not production use) version of FreeBSD.  I would recommend
that you update both your base system and your ports, and your
problems will be easier to deal with (if they still exist at all).

> When I give the cmd make bsf SSLTYPE=none I get error code 1 in /var/www/html/imap-2004c1/c-client

That's not enough information about the failure.  "Error code 1" is
just make(1) saying that something it called returned a failure value,
so the real error message would have been somewhat earlier.  Nor is it
clear where you were executing that command, or why /var/www was
involved at all.