Problem with compiling sendmail+sasl

Sasa Stupar sasa.stupar at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 05:18:28 PDT 2005

Hi!

I am new to FreeBSD just migrated from linux. I have installed version 5.4 and ports collection via cvsup. Then I have used ports for cyrus22 to build Cyrus and also sasl2. Now I am trying to build sendmail 8.13.5 but it doesn't build with sasl support.

In my make.conf I have added:
------------
SENDMAIL_CFLAGS+= -I/usr/local/include -DSASL=2
SENDMAIL_LDFLAGS+= -L/usr/local/lib
SENDMAIL_LDADD+= -lsasl2
------------

And then run make and make install under /usr/ports/mail/sendmail.

But when I check with :
----------
mig29# telnet localhost 25
Trying ::1...
telnet: connect to address ::1: Connection refused
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.workgroup.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 xmail.homelinux.net ESMTP Sendmail 8.13.3/8.13.5; Wed, 28 Sep 2005 14:15:32 +0200 (CEST)
ehlo localhost
250-xmail.homelinux.net Hello localhost.workgroup [127.0.0.1], pleased to meet you
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-PIPELINING
250-8BITMIME
250-SIZE 10480760
250-DSN
250-DELIVERBY
250 HELP
----------
I don't have smtp auth.

Moreover, I found out that it didn't built with SASL with:
--------------
mig29# sendmail -bt -d0.1
Version 8.13.3
 Compiled with: DNSMAP LOG MAP_REGEX MATCHGECOS MILTER MIME7TO8 MIME8TO7
                NAMED_BIND NETINET NETINET6 NETUNIX NEWDB NIS PIPELINING SCANF
                STARTTLS TCPWRAPPERS USERDB XDEBUG
Warning: Option: AuthMechanisms requires SASL support (-DSASL)
Warning: Option: AuthOptions requires SASL support (-DSASL)

============ SYSTEM IDENTITY (after readcf) ============
      (short domain name) $w = mig29
  (canonical domain name) $j = xmail.homelinux.net
         (subdomain name) $m = workgroup
              (node name) $k = mig29.workgroup

ADDRESS TEST MODE (ruleset 3 NOT automatically invoked)

What am I doing wrong here?

Regards,
Sasa