Set options to deamons

Ivailo Tanusheff i.tanusheff at procreditbank.bg
Wed Sep 28 00:38:51 PDT 2005

Syslog as many of the other daemons, which start on boot time depend on
parameters set in file /etc/rc.conf.
For the syslog you can specify:

syslogd_enable="YES"
syslogd_flags="-s -s"

This two lines loads syslogd and passes parameters "-s -s" to it.
You can find many configuration parameters in the shell script files in
/usr/local/etc/rc.d directory. But generally you should use:

xxx_enable="YES"
xxx_flags="...."

Regards,

Ivailo Tanusheff
Senior System administrator
ProCredit Bank (Bulgaria) AD

tel. +359 2 921 7161
fax +359 2 921 7110
http://www.procreditbank.bg

Disclaimer: The information contained in this message is intended solely
for the use of individual or entity to whom it is addressed and other
authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential or legally
privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any
action in reliance on the contents of this message is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error,
please notify us immediately by responding to this email and then delete
it from your system. ProCredit Bank is neither liable for the proper and
complete transmission of the information contained in this message nor for
any delay in its receipt.

"Efren Bravo" <efrenba at dhl.co.cu>
Sent by: owner-freebsd-questions at freebsd.org
09/27/2005 08:32 PM

"freeBSD " <freebsd-questions at freebsd.org>
cc

Subject
Set options to deamons

Hi,

How do I set options to deamons?

For instance, I've been reading a security doc and it says: "Syslogd can
be attacked directly and it's strongly recommended that you use -s option
whenever possible, and the -a option otherwise".

If Syslogd start when the OS start, how do I set the -s option.

Thank...