Bye-bye beastie ...

jonas jonas.de.buhr at gmx.net
Tue Sep 27 17:33:03 PDT 2005

> Sincerely,
> Someone of a religion that's none of your business who wants the
> inter-religion bickering to end and for people to respect eachother's
> beliefs and preferences

taking the risk of starting the 'ultimate-religion-flame-war' (please
not!)... ;)
religion (of any kind!) limits the scope of people's thoughts and makes
them more easy to manipulate, not even mentioning what religion can do
to the 'evolution' of mankind (yes, even in these days
(->the creationists in the usa for example)).

the world would be a better place if we all would get rid of this.
adding all the (positive and negative) ways in which religion has
affected history, you end up with more bad than good.
one of the main problems is, rules that may have been necessary and
good at some times, aren't reflected and reconsidered because they are
now 'send by god' and therefore untouchable.
this creates some really weird (and sometimes brutal) situations.

but this is probably offtopic...

greetz,
jonas