Portsdb returns error after cvsup - How to Proceed?

Mark Kane mark at mkproductions.org
Tue Sep 27 12:33:15 PDT 2005

Hi everyone. I CVSupped yesterday to make sure I got the Firefox fix. My
plan was to do the following:

# cvsup -g -L 2 ports-supfile
# portsdb -Uu
# portversion -l "<"
# portupgrade -arR

After cvsupping and running portsdb -Uu, I got an error which is at the
end of my email.

Today I tried a "make index" from /usr/ports/, and that seemed to run
OK. A "portupgrade -arRn" simulated the upgrade process and nothing
seemed to fail, but I want to be safe and not mess anything up as I am
relatively new to portupgrade and don't want a big mess.

I did the same process that I listed above a couple weeks ago and
everything went fine, so I was surprised to see the error this time.

I'm not sure how to proceed, so thanks in advance for any suggestions.

-Mark

---------------------------------
Updating the ports index ... Generating INDEX.tmp - please
wait.."/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk", line 2890: warning: duplicate script
for target "checksum" ignored
===> textproc/tet-aspell failed
*** Error code 1
1 error

Before reporting this error, verify that you are running a supported
version of FreeBSD (see http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/) and that you
have a complete and up-to-date ports collection.  (INDEX builds are
not supported with partial or out-of-date ports collections -- in
particular, if you are using cvsup, you must cvsup the "ports-all"
collection, and have no "refuse" files.)  If that is the case, then
report the failure to ports at FreeBSD.org together with relevant
details of your ports configuration (including FreeBSD version,
your architecture, your environment, and your /etc/make.conf
settings, especially compiler flags and WITH/WITHOUT settings).

Note: the latest pre-generated version of INDEX may be fetched
automatically with "make fetchindex".

*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports.
*** Error code 1