Limit client connections ssh

Mark Bucciarelli mark at gaiahost.coop
Tue Sep 27 12:12:35 PDT 2005

On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 02:27:26PM -0500, Efren Bravo wrote:

> I'm using ssh to connect me to fBSD server, how can I limit the client
> connections?, I mean, I only only that the server(ssh) accept incoming
> connections from a specific IP or IPs range?

You can restrict to a subset of your system users by using AllowUsers
(or some such option) in /etc/ssh/sshd_conf.

If you are using key authentication, you can associate IP's with each
public key in the ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file.

If you allow password authentication, you must use a firewall to
restrict by IP.