hdparm like program for freebsd?

Dmitry Mityugov dmitry.mityugov at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 12:04:01 PDT 2005

On 9/27/05, Vincent Stipo <vstipo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a hdparm like program which can benchmark individual harddrives.
> "hdparm -tT"
> and give the burst rate, allong with sequencial read / write?

You can also use dd for that, at least for the sequential read / write
thing, probably with bs=4096 or more. Just make sure you don't
overwrite important data when you measure the write speed.

--
Dmitry Mityugov, St. Petersburg, Russia
I ignore all messages with confidentiality statements

"We live less by imagination than despite it" - Rockwell Kent, "N by E"