sendmail or another mail server?

Randy Schultz schultz at sgi.com
Tue Sep 27 07:29:42 PDT 2005

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005, Efren Bravo spaketh thusly:

-}Hi,
-}
-}I've installed a fBSD and now I'm tuning it 'cause I need to put it to
-}serve as mail server.
-}
-}My questions is if sendmail is able to serve as a serious mail server or I
-}should try with another software for this job.
-}
-}In case I choose sendmail or another mail server software, exists an web
-}interface for them?

In-house volume testing I've done for with fbsd 5.4 has postfix smokin'
sendmail with at least a 260% increase.  With softupdates enabled and a
few other simple things pfix on fbsd rocks.  FWIW.

--
 Randy    (schultz at sgi.com)  715-726-2832     email bodhisattva     <*>

 "There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred,
 there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed."