using procmail rules to handle old maildir

Brian Josefsen josefsen at wasd.dk
Mon Sep 26 21:43:15 PDT 2005

Hello all

I don't know if it's appropriate to ask this question here, but now i'll
give it a try.

I've set up postfix on a new box with maildir support, and i've been
using procmail to deliver all my mail, so i now have the rules i've always
missed.

Then i've taken a tarball from the vhosting environment from the old
server, so i have now a Maildir that i use, with all my new mail in it,
and another Maildir with all the old mail.

Now i would like to sort all my old mail using the procmail rules i have
now, it could be as easy as:
cd oldmaildir
procmail < find . -type f -exec echo {} \;

but procmail don't delete the mail from the old maildir, and since there
is ~9k mail, i would hate to first filter all of it, and then go
manually through all of it again.

Anyone out there with any idea to solve this would be highly appreciated
as i depend on "quick" access to old mail.

FreeBSD 5.4, latest procmail, mutt zsh.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best regards
Brian Josefsen