ps/2 mouse

Brian Josefsen josefsen at wasd.dk
Mon Sep 26 19:42:49 PDT 2005

On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 09:34:35PM -0400, brian kaczynski wrote:
> My PS/2 mouse doesn't move in Xorg. I've tried the protocol on auto and ps/2 in xorgconfig, but nothing seems to work. I've noticed there isn't an entry in /dev for psm0. I'm using a keyboard, video, mouse switcher, but that shouldn't matter because it worked on linux before. I tried adding the mouse in sysinstall with the mouse daemon, but i still have no psm0, and of course, the mouse still doesnt work. Any help, ideas, suggestions would be wonderful. Thanks in advance.

You didn't give much info on your system but i tried this once where i
had configured several "Pointer" sections in my XF86Config and i used
one for my old computers serial mouse, besides that there isn't anything wrong with
several pointers.

And the mouse daemon only handles mouse in the console

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best regards
Brian Josefsen