open ssl??

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Mon Sep 26 14:27:31 PDT 2005

On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 04:46:01PM -0400, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 01:09:29PM -0700, Gary Kline wrote:
> > 	Can any of your security gurus clue me in on what this blurb
> > 	means?  I am slowly upgradingmy laptop, "zen", and trying to
> > 	ssh back into "tao".  I get:
> >
> > 	OpenSSL version mismatch. Built against 90704f, you have 90800f
> >
> > 	I just upgraded tao; same err.  Do I have to reboot?!!
>
> You have to rebuild whatever application that error came from, since
> you upgraded your openssl to an incompatible version.

	Hm, well, thank you both, Daniel and Kris.  I didn't realize
	the Open* security apps were this tightly integrated.  Makes
	sense.  --But then, it seems to me that if you (port or
	otherwise) upgrade ss[hl], the makefile would upgrade the
	other.   Or else that the errs would be less cryptic.
	[[I *know* I'm behind on a lot of my ports, but *mumble*]]

	I'm at my desk, logged into zen and ssh is missing the below.
	What rebuilds libcrypt.so.3?

	gary

q4 14:22 <zen> [2508] ssh tao
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libcrypto.so.3" not found, required
by "ssh"

--
   Gary Kline     kline at thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix