For administrators setting-up pf

Peter N. M. Hansteen peter at bgnett.no
Mon Sep 26 14:12:30 PDT 2005

Carstea Catalin <carstea.catalin at gmail.com> writes:

> i want to setting up my firewall pf with some rules to do 2 conditions:
> Deny all except:
> 2. permit only for 3 users access to pop3 ( ex.: nat only for 3 users
> and only for pop3)

For this, you might want to look into authpf. it lets you set up per
user rules which might be what you are looking for.

> 3. redirect all port  to 8080 for all users. I use proxy for cache and
> log traffic.

You can redirect to eg squid or another proxy. All ports sounds a bit
ambitious - Daniel Hartmeier has a nice writeup on how to set up a
transparent squid at http://www.benzedrine.cx/transquid.html