sio0 : silo overflow

Dmitry Mityugov dmitry.mityugov at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 01:19:35 PDT 2005

On 9/26/05, caleb <destroyingculture at netspace.net.au> wrote:
> Hi,
>     I am having some problems with the serial port (si0) connected to my
> modem. Everytime I try to download a file I get the following output on
> my console;
>
> kernel sio0: 1 more silo overflow
>
> I thought it might be the baud rate but stty displays the following
> information;
>
> speed 115200 baud
> lflags: echoe echoke echoctl pendin
> oflags: -oxtabs
> cflags: cs8 -parenb
> erase
>
> I checked the config file for the 5.4 stable kernel I am using and the
> serial driver is enabled;
>
> # Serial (COM) ports
> device          sio             # 8250, 16[45]50 based serial ports
>
> Is there another serial port driver that I could add to the kernel? Is
> the serial port the problem or is it my 56K dialup modem? The serial
> port is a 16550A based port.
>
> compucomp# dmesg | grep sio0
> sio0: <165550A-compatible COM port> port 0x2f8-0x2ff irq 3 flags 0x10 on
> acpi0
> sio0: type 16550A
>
> If you reply could you please cc me as I am not subscribed to the list.

Not sure if this helps but "[comp.unix.bsd] NetBSD, FreeBSD, and
OpenBSD FAQ" contains some information on this problem:
http://www.cs.uu.nl/wais/html/na-dir/386bsd-faq/part4.html

--
Dmitry Mityugov, St. Petersburg, Russia
I ignore all messages with confidentiality statements

"We live less by imagination than despite it" - Rockwell Kent, "N by E"