Problem connecting to http on port 81

Vincent Stipo vscg13 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 17:20:09 PDT 2005

I have a squid proxy running on the server. Don't know how that would affect
anything. When going through the proxy, I can't connect to any port 81
sites. There is no firewall. The server is located at a co-lo, as far as I
know, there shouldnt be any port blocking.
 If I for example.. set up an http daemon on the server to port 81, remote
hosts can connect just fine. So the port cant be blocked, unless there is
some reason they would block outbound tcp on port 81... its a burstable
100mbit pipe. the provider is calpop - http://calpop.com/ I want to find out
if there is somthing wrong with my setup before i send a ticket.