NVRM: AGP cannot be enabled on this combination of the AMD CPU and OS kernel

dick hoogendijk dick at nagual.st
Sun Sep 25 14:41:24 PDT 2005

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 22:06:48 +0100
Alex Zbyslaw <xfb52 at dial.pipex.com> wrote:

> dick hoogendijk wrote:
>
> >I have problems getting the nvidia driver to work.
> >I get these error msgs starting X
> >
> >NVRM: AGP cannot be enabled on this combination of the AMD CPU and OS
> >kernel NVRM: kernel upgrade recommended
> >
> >+ I recompiled my generic kernel and leave option AGP out.
> >(nvidia's agp gart is used then)
> >+ I use FreeBSD-5.4p7
> >+ AGP card is "GeForce 6600 GT"
> >+ CPU: Athlon64 3400+
> >
> >I looked into the README file and did some googling but could not
> >find an answer. Where does this error msg come from?
> >What can I do about it?
> >
> >I did a normal portinstall of the nvidia driver so it's compiled
> >*not* to use freebsd's agp.ko
> >
> >Although Xorg seems to work I'd rather know what the problem is..
> >

> http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52388

OK, I read the news msgs on this board and get the impression you're
trying to say to me it's because I use an amd64? But I run a normal
i386 FreeBSD OS on this machine, one for which the nvidia driver is
written. So I don't expect 64bit warnings on this 32bits machine.

--
dick -- http://nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.11-stable ++ FreeBSD 5.4