Webcams and FreeBSD

Ned Harrison ned.woody1 at cox.net
Sun Sep 25 03:00:35 PDT 2005

I'm running FreeBSD 5.4 as a desktop operating system on my home
computer.  I would like to set up a webcam for physical security/nature
observation while I'm away from the residence.  Something simple, I just
want to take periodic images and store them on an external hard drive.

In the past couple of days researching this, I get the impression that
it may be possible to do this but I have not found specific instructions
on how to set it up.

Even though I am a newbie, I have been able to get things working when I
can find the right documentation. Does anybody know of an article which
describes setting something like this up?

Thanks
Ned