Help with Xorg

Garrett Cooper youshi10 at u.washington.edu
Sat Sep 24 16:54:02 PDT 2005

On Sep 24, 2005, at 4:32 PM, nawcom wrote:

> Is the nvidia module being loaded into the kernel? i am assuming
> so. the devices should be created during bootup. let me know if /
> dev/nvidia* is being created, or email a boot log.
>
> Thanks,
> Ben
>

> Subhro wrote:
>

>> Hello folks,
>>
>> I am facing a problem in using the nvidia driver with Xorg. I have
>> installed both the versions from the ports tree. When I start X with
>> the nvidia driver, it complains that no GPU was found and
>> subsequently
>> it says that no usable Screens found. I am attaching the Xorg log
>> file, the error which is thrown out while starting X and my
>> xorg.conf.
>> Help is greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks and Best Regards
>> S.
>>
>> --
>> Subhro Sankha Kar
>> School of Information Technology
>> Block AQ-13/1 Sector V
>> ZIP 700091
>> India

     Sounds like the card isn't being detected from what you're
saying. Can you give us relevant X outputs (+/-5 lines from the
issue, ie warning or error) where it states these problems?
     Also, the device section for your card and the screen and layout
sections from your xorg.conf file would be very helpful.
     Thanks,
-Garrett