FreeBSD 5.4 Stable - Having problems with remote connections.

Vincent Stipo vstipo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 22:43:54 PDT 2005

Lets start off by saying I'm new to FreeBSD and im using the 5.4 stable version.

I'm having problems with remote connections.

I tried installing multiple programs that recieve outside connectons.

Squid Proxy
Bittorrent
Battlefield 2 Server

and they start up fine.

I cant connect to squid remotely. I cant download anything with
bittorrent, the bf2 server shows up on the "server list" but when you
connect you get a connection refused error.

So, is there some kind of default measure in place to stop remote
connections? From as far as I can tell no firewall is running. Do I
have to add the services in inetd?