DMA Errors during install

mr sicon mrsicon at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 14:01:00 PDT 2005

Hello list,

While moving from OpenBSD to FreeBSD for my workstation, I am getting the
following problem after configuring network during install.

ERROR: Unable to write data to disk ad0

I switched over to another terminal and saw the following:

ad0: WARNING - READ_DMA UDMA ICRC error (retrying request) LBA=0
ad0: FAILURE - READ_DMA status=51<READY,DSC,ERROR> error=84<ICRC,ABORTED>
LBA=0

I originally tried the install w/ 5.4, disabled ACPI, disabled DMA in my
bios -- no luck. I am now trying the latest 6.0-BETA, still giving me the
errors. Unsure where to go from here or what info to display.

Thanks,
mrkris