game server

jason jason at ec.rr.com
Wed Sep 21 23:59:10 PDT 2005

Eros wrote:

>Hi List
>
>please, How can I make a game server with FreeBSD ? I want run every game from one ferver with out need to install the games on the clients. Can i make that ?

make the computers on your network do something like PXE or some other
diskless boot up.  Just keep drive images on the server, or maybe a
shared drive with the games on the server?  Hook that shared drive up in
windows with some virtual dive software and you can even keep the cd
images on the server too.

This might negativily impact gaming performance.