Si3114r on FreeBSD-6[amd64]

Malachi de Ælfweald malachid at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 20:54:03 PDT 2005

I created the RAID5 array in the Silicon Image BIOS manager. Upon booting
FreeBSD for the first time (during install) it sees the individual drives
(instead of the array), hangs for a very long time, then continues. When it
comes time to partition the disk, it asks which of the 4 disks (instead of
the array) that you want to install onto.

Using A8N-SLI Premium with onboard Silicon Image 3114 flashed with latest
firmware.

How do I get the installer to detect the raid5 as a single raid drive?

Malachi