IE in FreeBSD

Frank Jahnke jahnke at fmjassoc.com
Wed Sep 21 13:13:59 PDT 2005

> I have never gotten grief when I tell the recruiter that I do not
> have Word and I do not support proprietary formats and then send a PDF.
>
> YMMV

My wife is an independent recruiter in the life sciences area.  She can
personally read a CV in most any format (and the few she can't I convert
for her).

It is the preference of the Human Resources department within her client
companies who specify the MS .doc format.  If a resume comes into HR
that is not in .doc format, they will ask that it be resubmitted in that
format.  It is not a formal standard, but it sure is a de facto one.

Companies in the IT area more be more flexible; I can't say.

> Chad

Frank