IE in FreeBSD?

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Wed Sep 21 09:56:01 PDT 2005

You are correct.  Since you were making identical arguments I confused
both of you.

>Given how this thread appears to have turned into your own personal
>soapbox to show heaven knows what, I'll bow out.

That's the old "maybe I can discredit his ideas by claiming nobody else
agrees with him"  It's been around for ever since mailing lists were
setup and is no more valid now than it ever was.  And in any case I'm
not claiming authorship of them, either.  Maybe you should read a bit
more about open source philosophy?

Didn't it ever occur to you that most people don't release open source
apps
because someone is paying them to do so?  They don't, they release them
for
more idealistic reasons than perhaps you are comfortable with.  You can't
take FreeBSD or Linux without buying into the philosophy behind them.
Perhaps
if you wrote and released your own open source package you might
understand
this.

Ted