Xprt

Dejan Lesjak dejan.lesjak at ijs.si
Tue Sep 20 16:58:29 PDT 2005

dick hoogendijk wrote:

> Yesterday I upgraded my xorg-printserver. Afterwards my Xprt would not
> start. Looking at /usr/X11R6/etc/rc.d/xprint.sh I did not have a
> POSIX-shell. <???> Hmmm.. seems you need ksh or bash for xprint all of
> a sudden. A warning would have been nice.
>
> I installed ksh93, softlinked it to ksh and Xprt is working again, but
> still..
>
> Another thing: why would I need Xprt ??
> Without it, my programs seem to print fine too.

You probably don't need it and it was not started by default before
xorg-printserver-6.8.2_1. I mistakenly changed the default to install rc
script as executable with .sh postfix so it got started by default. I
reverted this behaviour in xorg-printserver-6.8.2_2 until I (or someone)
come up with proper rcNG script for starting Xprt.
You can just remove /usr/X11R6/etc/rc.d/xprint.sh (or rename it to something
like xprint.sh.off or remove executable bits) script so it does not get
started as part of rc instead of upgrading xorg-printserver.
I apologise for inconveniences.

Dejan