howto add a user with more then 16 characters

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at FreeBSD.org
Tue Sep 20 15:42:00 PDT 2005

On Monday, 19 September 2005 at 13:01:37 -0300, Eros wrote:
To: freebsd-questions at freebsd.org>

> Hi all,
>
> I have a problema by now. I can´t add a user with more then 16 characters.
> I have made
>
> I have modify /usr/include/sys/param.h       and     /usr/include/utmp.h, and after
>
> make buildword
> make buildkernel KERNCONF=( my kernel )
>
> shutodwn now
>
> make installworld
> make installkernel KERNCONF=(my kernel)
>
> mergemaster
>
> reboot
>

> I have try 3 times....and nothing happening ...please list, help-me !!!!! What do i have do wrong ?

1.  You've sent the message 3 times in two hours.
2.  You sent it to the wrong list the first two times.
3.  Your message was difficult to read and contained incomplete
    sentences.
4.  You don't say what went wrong (error messages, for example).

It seems that you haven't read http://www.lemis.com/questions.html,
which would tell you not to do any of these things.  It also seems
that you have got an answer.

Greg