Looking for media system reccomendations

Ean Kingston ean at hedron.org
Tue Sep 20 06:57:25 PDT 2005

Hi all,

I'm looking for some hardware suggestions for low-power/small footprint
systems suitable to create a multimedia computer for my living room. I'm
leaning toward mini-itx boards and cases. Specifically I want the following
capabilities:

Remote control capable (IR port I think)
TV out (svideo is sufficient for now)
audio out (at least 4 channels)
wireless (802.11g)
sata with room for at least 1 drive internal
room for a dvdrom drive
preferably fanless
definitely low power

I can do some simple coding to get the remote control working if necessary but
I have no clue what would be good hardware for this project and from what I
can tell the hardware list is a bit vague on the details of exactly what
mini-itx boards work well with freebsd.

--
Ean Kingston

E-Mail: ean AT hedron DOT org
I am currently looking for work. If you need competent system/network
administration please feel free to contact me directly.