two questions in one

Joshua Weaver josh at metropark.com
Tue Sep 20 06:04:54 PDT 2005

That’s the problem - you are using NAT, you can't "go out and come back in",
your packets will expire because they will not be routed back in, and that's
by design.   You need to set up an internal forward zone in your DNS to
direct requests to the internal address .To see what I am talking about,
trying pinging your website from the inside using the external address.  If
your router is set up appropriately, you should get a  'TTL expired'
message.

Set up an 'A' record for www in mywebsite.com on one of your internal boxes
to point to 192.168.0.2, and set up forwarders to your ISP's name servers on
this box.  Set all your internal hosts to use that machine for DNS requests,
and you will be good to go.

-Joshua Weaver